Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 9 April 2008

Info Post



Since this is my 100th post (Yippee!!), I decided to
post about something that was more personal. I
didn't really know what I was getting myself into
when I started blogging and I've found that it has
really opened up a wonderful new world for me and
finding new friends and connections along with a
smorgasbord of brilliant ideas and beautiful photos
for more inspiration from everyone. I wanted to
thank everyone who has helped and encouraged me
and especially everyone who takes a moment out of
their precious time to visit my blog.


Ok, I suppose it's on to the photos. My home...is still
a work in progress. 1 Part or 2 looks decent and
the rest - I don't Dare show as it's mighty embarrassing.
You'll notice the banner to my blog is actually a photo
of my beloved lavender sofa. It looks pale blue to some
people, but it's actually a lavender or a light lilac color
which is the same as my walls (which in this case had not
been planned to match.) I am, in case those of you haven't
noticed, totally in love with purple...Pink doesn't hurt either :P



A closer photo of my beloved sofa. I rescued it from
Craig's list for free! I wish I had a before photo - it was
the ugliest green and brown sofa you'd ever seen. But
I got suckered in by the tufting and this is the end result.




The silhouette of myself is actually from Disneyland!
There's an amazing woman there who can cut silhouetts
with just paper and scissors and looking at your profile.
It never ceases to amaze me how she does it. She doesn't
need to sketch it or anything!


Master bedroom - still a work in progress. Still missing
drapes, a canopy, mirrors and etc. That's why you'll
only get to see a photo from this angle ^_^





Up to a couple of months ago, this is the way my living
room actually was. One night (I'm sure many of you
know what I'm talking about), I was inspired to do a little
rearranging and move furniture. You'll see below the
variance.




This was the end result of my rearranging. You're
probably wondering why I only took photos of this
side of the room. It's because the remaining 25% of
the room is unfinished! I'll do a follow up in a couple
of months when I get to actually finish my living room.


If you're wondering about the curtains,
they are Indian Saris I cut down and
had sewn into curtains. Perfect to
block out direct sunlight when watching
television.



I just got this gorgeous dresser in. I really
love mirrored furniture and the faux bamboo
look. What better than to combine the two?



I just bought this vintage pair of display cabinets.
They're being shipped as we speak. It is going
directly towards finishing my living room. Finally!
I have quite a collection of books, magazines and
vintage glass so this will definitely help in housing
some of my collections. Alright I admit it...I'm a
total collector and pack rat.

So here's a question for you all, how would you describe my style?
I seem to have schizophrenia when deciding what I like and I have
everything from Victorian parlor chairs to Mid-century modern
furniture, rococo items, Asian fabrics - you name it - I probably
have a bit of it somewhere. Because of this, most of the rooms
in my place are not planned. I just buy the things I like and try to
make it work together somehow.

I hope you've enjoyed a little glimpse into my world
and I look forward to many more posts with you all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment