Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 8 May 2008

Info Post

I know that many of you have probably seen
this flat before but I can't help posting about
it because it is one of my all time favorite designs.
The flat belongs to Molly Simms and is in the Soho
district of New York. Molly hired Kishani Perera of
Fuse ID to help her design the place.

Molly speaks French fluently and shopped for pieces at
the Paris Flea Market and had them shipped back in a
container. She is a hard core antiquer. The resulting design
is one of the most fabulous apartments I've ever seen. I
never tire of looking at photos of this place.

The room above is one of my favorites with the
grand chandelier, built in book cases and sumptious
sitting area.



I always love seeing before and after photos.
Here's a before photo of that same guest
room and sitting area.



And what the result was. It's simply gorgeous.


This ottoman is a detail from the room above.
Molly bought this ottoman on Ebay for $100
and had it recovered with silk fabric. What
do you want to bet the fabric alone cost more
than the ottoman. A gorgeous choice in fabric
and ottoman though if I must say so myself.



I went absolutely nuts for this room as well with the
velvet grey chesterfield sofa, striped arm chairs and
the oversized art piece. The rug looks so fuzzy and
soft. The room is beautiful, cozy and comfortable.
A combination of all three is definitely not always
easy to achieve.



A look from another angle.



The before photo of Molly's master bedroom.



And the after shot. A pretty dramatic
transformation if I must say so myself.



And of course the beautiful French boudoir of a bedroom.
No French bedroom is complete without a chandelier,
a beautifully upholstered bedframe, and sumptious
draperies.



Love the choices in white marble
and tile. Gives it a very clean and
elegant look.



Hmm. An oversized poster of a bee
seems like an eclectic choice.


The barstools are so cute in pink
and white polk-a-dots!



A lead into the dining area. The lighting
is amazing and this photo really shows
off the height of the ceilings.



A very traditional dining area.



Beautifully appointed bathroom.



A before shot of the very stark office.


And the result is a very classic but very lovely office.
I really love the tufted arm chair as well. I recently
scored one very similar to it off of Craig's List.

So what do we think? Brilliant? I think so anyways.

This was the flat that really put Kishani Perera
on the map for me. After I first saw the photos
months ago in an Instyle Home spread, I made
sure I found out who the designer was.

Photos from Fuse ID's site.

0 comments:

Post a Comment