Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 6 March 2009

Info Post
One of my absolute favorite colors is purple. I even painted my
living room purple and upholstered my sofa in lilac purple as
you can see from my header. Purple is the color of royalty. It
is majestic and has a sense of mystery at the same time.

One of my favorite details in the room above is the plum purple
velvet throw. It looks so scrumptious and luxe.

A Moroccan styled bath in a beautiful plum color.

This stunning purple wallpaper in Jane Hess'
home is absolutely heart stopping gorgeous.
A pair of upholstered purple chairs with pink
trim to match.

Photo by Steve Giralt

Plum purple in the dining room.

This is my favorite purple bedroom I've seen yet.
It was designed by Amanda Nisbet who has a
wonderful gift for using color in her designs.

From the Pottery Barn Kid's catalog no less.

A softly hued purple room in lavender.

A gorgeous lilac and purple rug from The Rug Company.

Moroccan decor with a modern purple twist.

A soothing mauve guest bedroom.

A hallway study from Elle Decor.

Delicious Plum purple wallpaper and lamp.

This room was on the cover of an Elle Decor issue. The lavender
hues on the wall totally caught my eye. I'm finding that orange as
an accent color (when paired with lavender) is a really appealing
combination. Lavender is actually a wonderful neutral color - many
people don't think of lavender as such. With the right hue, you can
pair almost any color with a lavender background...pinks, greys,
blacks, reds, yellows, etc.

Another yummy bedroom from Amanda Nisbet.
I can never get enough of her rooms.

Swarovski Purple Earrings from Forzieri.
I love Swavorski!

It looks pink - but it's actually a pair of Swarovski
purple cuff links. Also from Forzieri. $86.
A purple slide.

How about a patent ombre color clutch.


I'm really becoming a fan of Ghibli bags.
They are a purveyor of handmade Italian
leather - and of course in violet.

I'm also a fan of L.A.P.A. bags - here is a croc
embossed purple doctor's bag.



You can't really go wrong with Murano glass. I've seen it in
pendants, but have worn it on your fingers? $42 is actually
a pretty reasonable price for these rings.





Another L.A.P.A. tote in luscious purple.


This is a super cute book for children who are...
what else? But purple lovers! $10.88 from Amazon.

The funny thing is for years, my parents
would never let me paint any rooms in the house. I
finally convinced my father 2 years ago. He let me paint
their guest room and I promptly painted a hue of lovely
purple. At first, he was skeptical but when he saw the
finished product, he admitted that it looked very nice.
My brother now camps out in the room instead of his own
because he says the color is soothing to him and makes him
focus more on his studies. He's never really been into color
so I was surprised when he told me that.

Are you a purple lover? What does the color purple
make you feel?

0 comments:

Post a Comment