Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 4 March 2009

Info Post
Jeffrey Bilhuber has a fantastic eye for mixing in pops of color
and texture into every room. I think many of his rooms are
simply brilliant. I used to not like the color orange but now
I find it rather invigorating and quite nice when used in the
right way.

Here's a larger view of the same room. The orange really
brings some energy and vibrancy to the room. It's amazing
how different colors in our environment can make us feel
so different.

I'm a total sucker for tufted furniture and for nailheads. I
loved how he used nailheads instead of molding to provide
more architectural details and texture to the room. So very
cool!

If you look closely at this room, there are lightly stenciled
trees on the peach walls. The lavender chairs provide a
really neat contrast in color.

I think this is a fantastic room for a book lover.

Not sure if this is wallpaper or a painted pattern on the wall.
Either way it's fantastic. I always wish I had that sort of
artistic ability. Alas! I must make do with stencils. I can't
even write in a straight line...

This room is so cozy and I love how eclectic it is. The purple
throw pillows really add a pop of color. The peacock is
quite interesting.

Ok, I'm totally drooling over the carpet in this
room. Isn't it cool or what? Now where can I
find a pattern or plaid flooring like this?

Here's more of that gorgeous flooring with orange knit
throws. At first I thought they were twin beds in the room,
but it's unique to use twin chaise chairs instead.

You may recognize this dining room from the cover of
Jeffrey Bilhuber's latest book. I love how eclectic it is
with an unusual color mix.

Again, a floor covering to die for. How
about those luscious purple arm chairs.

What a polished and relaxing guest bedroom.
I espcially love the cute tufted chair to the side.

Jeffrey Bilhuber: Defining Luxury:
The Qualities of Life at Home


If you like Jeffrey Bilhuber's designs as much as
I do, you must get his latest book. It's published
by Rizzoli which is a publisher with stunning books.
I'm a huge fan of the books Rizzoli puts out.

All photos from Bilhuber & Associates

0 comments:

Post a Comment