Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 1 October 2008

Info Post

I just returned from my trip last night and I'm not
even unpacked yet! I reall missed you all. I've yet to
sort through my photos so I thought I would start my
first post back with an introduction to a middle eastern
designer from Saudia Arabia.

Layla Moussa is based out of Jedda, Saudia Arabia.
She's been an interior designer and an embroidery
expert who started her business in 1981 as an antiques
dealer specializing in textiles. Layla's style very much
adopts many elements from the old world and her work
includes a lot of textiles and texture.
The bed above is simply gorgeous.


A closer look at the bed uncovers brilliant textiles
and colors!


A luxurious bathroom with marbled counter tops
and gorgeous chandeliers.


I love how cozy her rooms are.


A sitting room with tons of ...why of course... seating!




Her use of luxurious materials such ase wood
and rich colors is really shown in this powder room.



If this room doesn't scream old world, I don't know
what would.


The artistry on the floor is quite detailed and
wonderful.



I leave you with some wonderful examples
of embroidery from the old world. You simply
don't see workmanship like this any more.

All photos from Layla Moussa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment