Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 15 October 2008

Info Post

Jane Hess is a former fashion editor with an
absolutely amazing home. Her home was
featured in the April 2008 edition of Canadian
House & Home.

Just feast your eyes on the bold and brilliant
colors of her eclectic style. Her purple entryway
is a total WOW.


I love how she pulls all different
colors and styles together in such
an effortless way that is really
beautiful. I love her green balloon
curtains - reminds me of the closing
curtain in a traditional theater.


You can tell she is a book love with books all
over her home. Since my bookshelves are over
flowing, I think it might be a good idea to start
doing what she is - using books in the room as
decor.


This chic is totally unafraid color. She's even got
a wall full of books in the dining room. I love
the striped look of her floors - reminds me of
Zebra wood which I adore. If you like this dining
room, you should also check out Bahraini Diva's
breakdown of how to design a room like this.


Her bedrooms, entry way and sitting area all look
like jewel boxes plucked out of a little girl's fantasy
world.


Her living room would make a beautiful library as well.


I love the color and patterned fabrics she chose for
her upholstered chairs.



Make sure you stop by Villa Anna to check out
her amazing and comprehensive Pink Post.


I just did a Candace Olson post last friday on
kitchens. Style Rumor posted one today on
kitchens that is totally fabulous. Make sure
you check out her Fabulous Kitchen post.


And what have I been losing sleep over the last two days?
The Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyers.
If any of you have any teenage daughters, I'm sure they
know this series. My teenage cousins begged me to
read the series and lent me the 4 books. I didn't know
what all the hype was about until I started reading. In terms
of obsessive addictions, it's worse than any other series
I've ever read. I finished 5 books in two days flat (one additional.)
The 5th book I read was the original novel P.S. I love you
which was also made into a movie. Another wonderful read.

As you can guess, I've got dark circles under my eyes.
I'm more than twice the age of my young cousins but
I find myself just as obsessed as they are about these
books. The first movie is coming out November 21, 2008.
The male star is played by the same actor who played
Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter - Robert Pattinson.

At first I was weirded out by the fact the book was
written in the first person. It's a difficult perspective
to write from. And then I got Completely hooked -
2 days to finish the entire series of books and the books are
thick. If you thought Harry Potter fans were obsessive,
Twilight Fans are definitely more so. I've never felt the urge
to re-read any books over as soon as I've finished them. I
can't believe I'm reading them again for the second time
after I just finished them. It's as if every time you read the
book, you notice something new you didn't before. There's
something so captivating about the characters and something
so intimate about the way the story is written that you feel
personally vested in the characters. It's a good thing I found
about the series after all the books came out. I would have
seriously been crying if I had been left hanging.

Do read it if you get a chance and let me know what you think.

All photos from Canadian House & Home
magazine via Design Smack, Twilight movie site.

0 comments:

Post a Comment