Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 15 September 2008

Info Post

Petra is among the New Seven Wonders of the World.
Made famous by the movie "Indiana Jones and the Last
Crusade" where the last part of the movie was filmed.


I am very excited to embark on this journey with my mom.
It will be good mother and daughter bonding time as we
share a passion in travel. Any kind of travel. Oh our lists
are very long of the places we'd like to travel. I think in
terms of sheer number of countries, my mom probably has
me beat by double. But I'm working on it!




I'm ashamed and proud at the same time say that my mom
would outlast me on just about any adventure. Proof of this
really showed in our last trip together on a white knuckled
3 week 4x4 trip from China into, and around Tibet. The tour
guide literally said, "What's wrong with you, you're huffing
and puffing and your mom is already up the hill without a
sweat or even labored breathing."

I never really stopped to think about the fact that most moms
do not backpack with their children. My mom has done this
on multiple occasions with me. She's a real trooper and she's
not afraid of bugs while I am maniacally afraid of cockroaches...
and leeches...beatles...spideres....I think you get the picture.



Did you know that they have a night tour of Petra?
I have no idea if this is what it looks like but I will
let you know soon enough!


Somewhere as remote as Petra still has a Marriott built near it.
If I can have rooms and views like this, I'll take it any day.



Amazing views.



Hopefully, at the team you are reading this - I will be blissfully
shopping and haggling away at one of these Egyptian bazaars.






I've always been obsessed with pouches, bags
and envelopes and I'm no different when it comes
to travel. These are a great pair of metallic
envelopes available at Vivre.com.



A Giraffe looking passport cover by Lodis.



A metallic faux crocodile passport cover that
comes in gold and silver - also avilable from Lodis.




The passport cover on the left is by Kate Spade. I love how the
outside is metallic gold but the inside is magenta pink!
More colorful passport covers available from Vivre.com.

I personally own this passport cover by Anya Hindmarch.
For me, you have to take the passport out of the cover
anyways to hand to the customs agent. I thought this
one was so cute. The color is actually a very pale gold.
And for your business cards, how about
this fun orange number from Lodis?




Don't forget to visit Material Girls for the awesome
Contest that is going on. All 3 prizes are gorgeous
lamps from none other than Swank Lighting. This
is one contest and give away definitely worth winning!
The grand prize gets a choice of the above lamps in any
color. Check out the Contest rules and all of the prizes!

See you all in a couple of weeks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment