Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 5 December 2007

Info Post
I'm not sure where I had originally learned about Faberge eggs, but I've always been enamored with them. It represents a decadent and imperial Russia from another time. Faberge is legendary for his jewel encrusted eggs but he started out as a jeweler and also created tableware. Faberge was officially named the Russian court's goldsmith. The Faberge eggs come from a russian tradition of giving easter eggs.


A traditional Russian Easter egg.


Faberge eggs are not just beautiful on the outside,
they open to a surprise inside.


Original Faberge Egg with a golden carriage inside.


Up close shot of the golden carriage.




Right Photo: Peter the Great.


Left: Catherine the Great. 1914. Right: I think this is a fabulous egg of
Imperial Portraits. 1911.


This miniature chair is to DIE for. I find myself enchanted by this char. Original Faberge miniature just over 2" tall. Made between 1899 and 1903. Sold by Sotheby's for 2.8 million dollars. Faberge miniatures of furniture are very rare. Made of Gold and enamel.


Faberge's Showroom in St. Petersburg.




Stay tuned for Part II of Faberge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment