Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 8 December 2008

Info Post


Might the photo above look just a little familiar? I was
inspired by a photo from a post on Christmas inspirations
last Friday. I've always felt table scapes and rooms with
hanging lights and candles were magical. The above is a
table setting by CB2 - the cousin of Crate & Barrel.




Here's my original inspiration photo for the hanging lights.





You can buy two versions of these hanging tealight holders at CB2
for between $3 and $4 USD each which is very reasonable.




CB2 also provides some other room inspirations for these
hanging candle holders. Other than the first photo, I
especially love the mixing of the clear and silver version
of the hanging holders.



Here's a simple and fun arrangement.


For Christmas, you could definitely spruce up the
string and ribbons to give some holiday cheer.



It's embarrassing how much of a magpie I am. Anything shiny or
colorful and I'm enraptured like a 5 year old. For something fun
to mix in while we're on the topic of hanging lights are these colorful
Moroccan star shaped lanterns. They're great if you're worried
about the kids grabbing them because they use LED lights instead of
candles. To tell you the truth, they're great for kid's rooms even
outside of the holidays! They come in reds and greens.



Here's a different shaped star in gorgeous aquamarine.
The fun 6 pointed star also comes in Red and Orange.

You can never go wrong with one of these lanterns
on a table scape, on a night stand or on a mantle
just for fun. The aquamarine one is only $6! For a
more festive holiday spirit, the right red and green
one is quite fun.

Don't you just love this gorgeous Amber lantern?
It could really give some substance to any room.



I also love these clear and silver candle holders from CB2.

A closer look at these candle holders.



Other than mantles and dining tables, you can
also very easily spread them around the living areas.



A fun ice and rock like votive/tea light
holder. Also from CB2.



Pops of Mercury glass are always festive and
give a glamorous feel. I'd say this set of 3 votives
is a pretty good deal at $12.95.

Can you tell I really love my candles and tealights?



Probably one of the few things that dwarfs my love of
candles are books. I adore coffee books and books with
beautiful imaages. One of my favorite inspirational
book for Christmas decor is Nell Hill's Christmas at Home.



The owner of Nell Hill (the shop) is Mary Carol Garrity.
This book showcases her gorgeous country home during
the holidays with beautiful photos and ideas.



Nell Hill's Christmas at Home by Mary Carol Garrity

Anywho, I figure I post so much about ideas but hardly
ever point out where one can actually procure some of
these items at a reasonable price.

Christmas has always been my favorite season from
when I was a child. What is your favorite season?

All photos from CB2, Amazon and Living Etc.

0 comments:

Post a Comment