Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 14 July 2008

Info Post

I really wanted to share this amazing Victorian home done
completely in dramatic Black and White in South Africa. It's
difficult enough to decide on different room colors and let alone
design a home completely in monochromatic colors. You'd
have to love the look and color a whole lot!

Let me introduce you to John Jacob Zwiegelaar of John Jacob
Interiors. He is a wonderful designer that comes from Capetown,
South Africa. He found this very old Victorian Home and completely
turned it around with his bold play on Black and white.



Isn't the living room just fantastic? His choices
in furnishings is absolutely flawless.



Zwiegelaar explains, "Decorating with black and white requires an intiricate
study in balance. If you have too much of one the other will fall flat."
I think this is true of any monocrhomatic scheme but probably especially
true of black and white since the contrast is so starck and apparent.


The back of the home have wonderful french doors
on both floors with the ground floor leading out to
a cozy garden area.




His bedroom is absolutely jaw dropping.



The bathroom is even more stunning with soft gray walls
as a palette for his black and whites. Fireplace, wing chair,
clawfoot tub...what else could one ask for?


The other side of this gorgeous bathroom.



The guest bedroom also in black and white.
Love the black walls!



The head sculptures look so fitting with
the black and white theme.



He managed to even make his kitchen
charming in black and white. I am totally
impressed by this designer.



My favourite faux bamboo chairs.



I would imagine that this would be the guest bathroom.
I think if I were a guest at his home, I might just never leave.



Did I mention that John Jacob is only 30 years old, very
talented and a total cutie as you can see here.

Hope you enjoyed this home as much as I did.
For all of you thinking about decorating a room in
black and white, this is great inspiration.

All photos from Conde Naste House & Garden
South Africa magazine and John Jacob Interiors.

0 comments:

Post a Comment