Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 10 July 2008

Info Post


I'm afraid I went missing this week without saying anything.
Took a jaunt up the California coast line to a little place called
Mendocino just North of Sonoma and Napa valley. Stopped
for a little wine tasting along the way and then got hit with the
windiest 55 miles ever. It felt like it took forever to get past the
windy roads. When we arrived, it was all well worth it.



I had promised a very close girlfriend of mine that when
we turned 30, we would do a little something special. My
birthday is not technically until next week but it's all the same.
We were really excited to find perfect weather during the day
and just enough chill at night to build a fire. Oh it took some
fancy tetris wood repositiniong - but we finally got a roaring
fire.


The cottages at this inn have history. Each of their cottages
are decorated very differently from each other.



We couldn't afford the ocean front hot tub cottage
but I wanted to show it anyways.



A mix of toile and plaid - yum!



Rustic themes with cottage and country accents.
My girlfriend had actually found this place in the
magazine Cottage Living. Schoolhouse Creek Inn



And cottages they certainly have. We were also surprised
that along that particular stretch of coast line was perhaps a
chain of many many Inns and Bed and Breakfast places.



They even have a Yurt for their spa treatments~!


It was very relaxing and peaceful. I wouldn't mind
actually having one of these in my back yard. I kept
on thinking about the Mongolian tents the whole time
which I imagine that these were fashioned after.


And I leave you with a beautiful sunset. Next week
I will pick up business as usual on the blog. Hope all
of you had a wonderful long weekend and holiday.

All photos from School Creek Inn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment