Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 30 June 2008

Info Post

Since I really love taking old pieces and having them
reupholstered or redone in a new way, I decided to
start a gallery of repurposed furniture and chairs. If
you have a chair or piece of furniture that you are proud
of and would like to show off, please feel free to send
photos with information to me and I will post them.

In the month of July, I will have 1 post dedicated to
reborn furniture every week. To start things off, I really
fell in love with the chair that Jennifer of Flow redid
(above.) The fabric she chose is absolutely stunning paired
with white finish. I can see why she love this chair to death.


Denise from Discount Designer Fabrics shares with us her
Louis XV chairs which she has owned since 1975 and has
reupholstered them 4 times now! She covered them this
time in Scalamandre Edwin's Covey #16310 for the print
and Lee Joffa Ivory Chenille for the seats.


Here's the back of the chair in Denise's beautiful front yard.
I also wanted to note that Denise runs a great business of
selling Designer Fabrics at low prices. If you are interested in
a particular designer fabric but find the retail price too steep, I
would definitely swing by Denise' site to get a quote. Denise is
very friendly, knowledgeable and quick to respond.


This isn't a chair but I had to show what Katie-did
found and refinished. This gorgeous faux bamboo
end table was found on the streets and Katie took
it home to give it a lot of TLC.


The end result - totally amazing! I adore how
she put some color on it by painting the top in
a light turquoise color.


London Calling found this beauty in a Phoenix
antiques mall and brought it home with her. She
used it for 3 years before it started to wear and
so she decided it was time to get it redone.


And Voila! Can you believe her upholsterer had
this done for her in only 2 days and $80. I'd Love
to know where I can find an upholsterer like that
in my area!!



A before and after project by a reader of Design Sponge.
It went from very old and falling apart to very modern
with the lime green paint!


Here's another example from a reader of Design Sponge.
I love how she used the red piping to provide contrast
with the rest of the chair and fabric.



From Jessica Jones of JCaroline Creative, this chair was
totally reborn. Love the modern black and white floral
print she chose. You can find some great craft and fabric
supplies at her store as well.


Last but not least is this older arm chair that was remade
into this glamorous chair that reminds me of the Hollywood
Regency style. Black buttons and finishing against white
fabric for a very dramatic overall look.

I hope this has given you some fun inspiration.

All photos from the cited sources above.

0 comments:

Post a Comment