Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 1 June 2008

Info Post


I'll be taking a break from posting this week but wanted
to leave you with more before and after photos of items
that I am prepping for my webstore. I hope you enjoy
them and I will be back next week!



A closer look at the chair in its original state.
I really have something for caned chairs
and furniture. Just something about them
really appeal to me. Probably second only
to my obsession with tufted furniture...



I had them redone in faux leather-like
material with a black lacquer finish for a
very modern twist.






Sorry this photo is so bad, it's a scanned
photo of a copy of the original. I really
liked the "X" legs on these chairs.



Had them refinished in black lacquer and muted purple velvet.
The color is a shade or two deeper in actuality. What's neat about
the chairs is that the back pillow can be removed because the back
cushion is secured by two snap on buttons behind the chair.



Outside of Tufts, Faux bamboo furniture is another
obsession. Here's the original chair in Green.



The outcome in black velvet and
a shiny, metallic copper finish.


I love these small Victorian parlor chairs.
They are so cute and very versatile as they
are smaller and size and can be put just about
anywhere.



I got this armchair from a lady whose husband
used to work in the hotel business and had left
over pieces.



Redone in finely ribbed Raspberry corduroy.
I always think this chair would be great for a
nursery or a girl's room.

All photos from Alkemie's own collection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment