Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 28 November 2007

Info Post
I can honestly say that I drink tea like a fish. It's almost my water replacement. Which may not be the best for me but what can I say? I'm addicted. It's fascinating all the different types of teas there are out there. I've chosen to highlight some Chinese teas below. Why can't fashion be served with tea? Fabulous embroidered Chinese dress!

This is one of my favorite types of teas when I have company over and as gifts. They come in the shape of a hand sewn round ball and open up with a flower as it steeps. It only comes from a certain region in China.


Inside of a traditional tea shop.




Photos from a Korean tea shop.

These two photos shows the same kind of tea in two different shapes. Known as Pu-erh tea, it is one of the most fermented teas there are. Most teas are best drank within a year's time of purchase. This is one of the only teas that, like wine, gets better with age and time. It comes from the far south of China and among the fermentation process was the long road to deliver the teas to other provinces. They used to come in the form of bricks where you would take a hook and break pieces off to brew. The photo with the round pieces of tea with Chinese characters is neat because the tea is pressed into the shape of Chinese Chess pieces. You can literally play Chinese chess with pieces made of tea! If you drink Pu-erh tea though, you might want to mix it with Chrysanthemum or Roses and put too many leaves in. Because it is so fermented, it has a very strong flavour and you may just be up longer than you had intended.

0 comments:

Post a Comment