Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 31 January 2012

Info Post

     As many of you know, I love thrifting and finding old pieces of furniture to redo.  I also love ogling before and after photos to see how other people have imagined new life into old pieces.  If any of you have not been over to Rashon Carraway's blog called Mr. Goodwill Hunting - it's a must for DIY ideas and really cool projects that he's done.  I'm showcasing some of my favorite pieces that he's redone in this post.  Rashon was invited to do a segment on Nate's design show.  This bright sideboard really "wowed" me.  I can just see what this sideboard originally looked like - who would have thunk to paint it such a bright color.  But the way Rashon mixes it in with the other pieces - it totally works!


           This proves that you can paint a piece of wood furniture anything you want - the trick is mixing it in with everything else in the room.  Rashon mixed it with more neutral elements and accents in a similar color family - Orange.




I have a secret love affair with plaid.  I just thought it was so fun how Rashon accessorized this wing chair.  Without the accessories, it would look like a sensible wing chair with a modern black look.  With the plaid and the suspenders - it really changes things up and makes the chair pop.  The suspenders are just fun!


I've seen this kind of dresser at flea markets or garage sales countless times.



It's astounding that with only some new hardware the
 handles and some paint, that it could look so high end?


This is one of my favorite transformations from Rashon's blog.

And it's because of the color he chose to paint this desk.  The color is an Amazing shade of green.  It reminds me of the shades used for the Marie Antoinette movie.  It can be paired with so many other colors as well because of it's soft palette.


I'm not very imaginative when it comes to
remaking lamps other than some spray paint. 

 So when I saw what Rashon did with this lamp, I just stared and stared at this photo. 
Isn't it awesome?  Notice the contrasting ribbon and that he sprayedthe top piece of
the lamp to match the base as well.  What an eye for color.


Here's Rashon himself in a dapper velvet jacket. 
I have a soft spot for velvet jackets as well.  Hope
you got some inspiration from Rashon's projects. 
Definitely check his blog out.


0 comments:

Post a Comment