Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 7 November 2008

Info Post

Amanda Nisbet is a very prolific designer who
is based out of New York City. I absolutely adore
her bold use of color and her color combinations.
I love the color purple and I thought the bedroom
she designed for Jill Seelig (Editor of Oprah at
Home magazine) is one of the best purple
bedrooms I've seen for any girly girl.


Many of you probably recognized this bedroom
that Amanda designed for her daughter. I have
always been in love with that plum patent leather
chair.


I dare say that she has a knack for
designing bedrooms for girls.



I love the balloon shades she used here and the chairs
really add a touch of whimsy and quirkiness.


The huge bulletin board is brilliant for a young girl's room.


Many of her rooms have a soft elegance to them.


What a fun room!


I especially noticed the chandelier and the arm
chair she used for the desk. The chandelier is
beautiful and not everyone would think to pair
an arm chair with a desk, but it works.


In the same bedroom, here is a dresser in a
Greek Key motif and mirrors that I would die for!


I love the tufted headboard. Love the small end
tables as well. It's something a bit different. I suppose
it would also be great for someone who has an initial
of "G".



Did I mention how I love purple? I wonder
if that's why I love her designs so much. I've
seen brown and purple paired together before
but not these particular shades. It really works!


This is Amanda's own bedroom. I love how the
chair in the background really gives a pop of color.


The sitting area to her bedroom -
very easy on the eyes and relaxing.


Gotta love the Tree on the wall.


And a very relaxing room that reminds me of the Hamptons.

Hope you enjoyed this tour of Amanda Nisbet's bedrooms
and that it has given you some inspiration for your own rooms.

All photos from Oprah at Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment